Follow these steps to turn on Compatibility View in Internet Explorer (IE) versions 8 & 9.
1. Open IE 8 (or IE 9).
2. In the upper right corner of click TOOLS.
3. From the drop down selection, click COMPATIBILITY VIEW.
4. A check will appear next to Compatibility View when compatibility view is on.
Follow these steps to turn on Compatibility View for specific websites.
1. In the upper right corner click TOOLS and from the drop down list click COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS.
2. Under Add this website: add txstate.edu or the address of the website that you want to always view in compatibility view.
3. Click ADD.
4. The address will display under Websites you've added to Compatibility View. When you are finished, click CLOSE.
Further details from Microsoft can be found here.