VLC Media Player for Windows
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Note: While the below software and installation method is intended for Texas State-owned Windows 10 computers only, VLC media player is in fact free for personal computer use.
For more information on VLC media player, visit the VLC website.
Before You Begin
- This version of VLC software is only made available to Texas State-owned Windows 10 computers.
- Your computer must be a member of the Texas State (TXSTATE) domain. (Verify your computer's domain.)
- Your computer must be managed. Most computers on the TXSTATE domain are managed. (If you do not have Software Center, your computer is not managed.)
Note: This version of VLC is to be installed on Texas State-owned Windows 10 computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
1. Click your Start button , and then All Programs.
2. Click the Microsoft System Center 2012 folder.
3. Click the Configuration Manager folder.
4. Click Software Center.
5. In the Available Software tab, locate and install the desired software.
Got Questions? Visit the Software Center Info page.