SPSS Statistics for Texas State-owned Windows Computers
For more information on SPSS Statistics, visit the IBM SPSS webpage.
Faculty (or applicable Staff): Use the form below to request SPSS used for academic purposes for teaching and learning on campus.
Technical Support Staff (TSP): If you need to install SPSS in an academic lab or on a faculty computer, use the form below to request SPSS and provide details of intended faculty or student use in the comments section.
Staff in an Administrative Department: Request pricing information on SPSS Statistics used for non-academic, administrative purposes.
Before You Begin
- This software is available free of charge when used for academic purposes for teaching and learning on campus only.
- This version of software should be installed on Texas State-owned Windows computers.
- Your computer must be a member of the Texas State (TXSTATE) domain. (Verify your computer's domain.)
- Your computer must be managed. Most computers on the TXSTATE domain are managed. (If you do not have Software Center, your computer is not managed.)
Note: SPSS Statistics for Windows as licensed for Texas State requires an active connection to the Texas State network to communicate to a server for license verification.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) for assistance before proceeding.
Submit the SPSS Statistics for Windows Request. Once you receive confirmation that the software has been made available to your computer, proceed to the next step.
Follow the steps below on the computer that has been granted access to install SPSS for Windows.
1. Click your Start button , and then All Programs.
2. Click the Microsoft System Center 2012 folder.
3. Click the Configuration Manager folder.
4. Click Software Center.
5. In the Available Software tab, locate and install the desired software.
Got Questions? Visit the Software Center Info page.
SPSS Off-Campus Check Out
Check out a commuter license while your computer is connected on-campus. Doing so will allow you to use SPSS off-campus for 30 days.
Follow these steps to check out an SPSS commuter license:
- Go to Applications and click to open IBM, SPSS, Statistics, and 25 (or current version number).
- Click to open Commuter Utility.
- Select your computer's SPSS version number..
- For Duration (Days), enter 30.
- Click Check Out.
When you are on the campus network again, repeat steps 1-3 and click Check In.
Note: If you will be off campus longer than 30 days, contact the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) for assistance.
Got Questions? Get Answers!
All faculty, staff, and students get free access to Lynda.com, the world's premiere online training. Learn more about SPSS Statistics with Lynda.com. See the course called SPSS Statistics Essential Training.
Faculty: if it aligns with your lessons, consider assigning this course (or parts of it) to your students to help enhance their learning experience!
How to log into Lynda.com:
- Go to txstate.edu/lynda.
- Click Log into Lynda.com.
- Enter your NetID and password, and click Login.
- Search for SPSS Statistics Essential Training.