For more information on SPSS Statistics, visit the IBM SPSS webpage.
Faculty (or applicable Staff): Use the form below to request SPSS used for academic purposes for teaching and learning on campus.
Technical Support Staff (TSP): If you need to install SPSS in an academic lab or on a faculty computer, use the form below to request SPSS and provide details of intended faculty or student use in the comments section.
Staff in an Administrative Department: Request pricing information on SPSS Statistics used for non-academic, administrative purposes.
Before You Begin
- This software is available free of charge when used for academic purposes for teaching and learning on campus only.
- You must be logged in as an administrator on your Mac to install the software.
- This version of software should be installed on Texas State-owned Mac computers.
- Your Mac must have LANrev installed on the computer to install this version of the software.
- Your computer must be connected directly to the Texas State network to use the LANrev method.
Note: This Texas State license for SPSS Statistics for Mac requires an active connection to the Texas State network to communicate to a server for license verification.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) for assistance before proceeding.
Submit the SPSS Statistics for Mac Request. Once you receive confirmation that the software has been made available to your computer, proceed to the next step.
Follow the steps below on the computer that has been granted access to install SPSS for Mac.
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences...
- Click to open LANrev.
- On the Software Updates tab, click Show On-Demand Software.
- Locate and install the software.
SPSS Off-Campus Check Out
Check out a commuter license while your computer is connected on-campus. Doing so will allow you to use SPSS off-campus for 30 days.
Follow these steps to check out an SPSS commuter license:
- Go to Applications and click to open IBM, SPSS, Statistics, and 24 (or current version number).
- Click to open Commuter Utility.
- Select your computer's SPSS version number..
- For Duration (Days), enter 30.
- Click Check Out.
When you are on the campus network again, repeat steps 1-3 and click Check In.
Note: If you will be off campus longer than 30 days, contact the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) for assistance.
Got Questions? Get Answers!
All faculty, staff, and students get free access to Lynda.com, the world's premiere online training. Learn more about SPSS Statistics with Lynda.com. See the course called SPSS Statistics Essential Training.
Faculty: if it aligns with your lessons, consider assigning this course (or parts of it) to your students to help enhance their learning experience!
How to log into Lynda.com:
- Go to txstate.edu/lynda.
- Click Log into Lynda.com.
- Enter your NetID and password, and click Login.
- Search for SPSS Statistics Essential Training.