Spirion for Mac
Spirion, formerly Identity Finder, reduces the risk of data leakage and identity theft by locating and securing personal information (social security numbers, credit card numbers, or passwords) in files, emails, databases, websites, and web browser data located on your computer's hard drive. The below version of Spirion may be installed on Texas State owned computers only.
For more information on Spirion, visit the Spirion website.
Before You Begin
- A faculty or staff NetID and password are required.
- Your computer must be connected directly to the Texas State network.
- You must be logged in as an administrator on the computer to install the software.
- Your Mac must have LANrev installed on the computer to install this software
- You will need a Mac running macOS 10.9 - 10.12
Note: Spirion is to be installed on Texas State-owned computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences...
- Open LANrev.
Note: Don't see LANrev on your Texas State-owned computer? Install it here.
- On the Software Updates tab, click Show On-Demand Software.
- Locate and install the software.