Office 365 ProPlus offers a comprehensive set of tools to collect, consolidate, and share any type of information (documents, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, email and more).
Office 365 ProPlus is similar to Office 2016 with one major difference - ProPlus is updated regularly directly by Microsoft, as often as monthly, with new features. For a list of new features, see What's new in Office 365.
To learn more about Office 365 ProPlus, visit the Microsoft website.
Before You Begin
- Your computer must be a member of the Texas State (TXSTATE) domain. (Verify your computer's domain.)
- Your computer must be managed. Most computers on the TXSTATE domain are managed.
(If you do not have Software Center, your computer is not managed.)
- At the end of the install, your computer will restart automatically.
- The install will remove any previous version of Office 2016, Visio, and Project. About an hour after the Office 365 ProPlus installs, go to Software Center and re-install Project and Visio as needed.
- The install will remove any previous Office desktop shortcuts and taskbar icons. Re-add them as needed.
- After installation, each software title will be listed separately in the Start Menu (e.g., Word 2016, Excel 2016).
- After the install is complete, if you would like to see Microsoft Groups in Outlook, you will need to make sure that Cached Exchange Mode is turned on.
- BEx Analyzer is not currently compatible with the Excel version of Office 365 ProPlus. The next upgrade of SAP Business Client (later in 2017) should resolve the issue.
Note: This version of Office 365 ProPlus is to be installed on Texas State-owned computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
1. Click your Start button , and then All Programs.
2. Click the Microsoft System Center 2012 folder.
3. Click the Configuration Manager folder.
4. Click Software Center.
5. In the Available Software tab, locate and install the desired software.
Got Questions? Visit the Software Center Info page.