NVivo for Texas State-owned Windows Computers
NVivo software supports qualitative and mixed methods research and is designed to help you organize, analyze, and find insights in unstructured or qualitative data. This version of NVivo is available for faculty to install on Texas State-owned Windows computers and is licensed to be used for teaching purposes of the university.
Before You Begin
- This software is available free of charge to faculty for teaching purposes of the university.
- This software can be installed on Texas State-owned Windows computers.
- Your computer must be a member of the Texas State (TXSTATE) domain. (Verify your computer's domain.)
- Your computer must be managed. Most computers on the TXSTATE domain are managed. (If you do not have Software Center, your computer is not managed.)
Note: The version of NVivo offered on this page is for faculty use on individual work computers. NVivo can also be installed by request in classrooms and computer labs:
- IT Supported Academic Classroom Software Request
- Academic Computing Open Computer Lab Software Request
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
Faculty (or applicable Staff): Submit an NVivo Request. After you receive confirmation that the software has been made available to your computer, proceed to the next step.
Follow the instructions below on the computer that has been granted access to install NVivo 11 Pro.
1. Click your Start button , and then All Programs.
2. Click the Microsoft System Center 2012 folder.
3. Click the Configuration Manager folder.
4. Click Software Center.
5. In the Available Software tab, locate and install the desired software.
Got Questions? Visit the Software Center Info page.