NVivo for Mac software supports qualitative and mixed methods research and is designed to help you organize, analyze, and find insights in unstructured or qualitative data. This version of NVivo for Mac is available for faculty to install on Texas State-owned Mac computers and is licensed to be used for teaching purposes of the university.
Before You Begin
- This software is available free of charge to faculty for teaching purposes of the university.
- This version of software can be installed on Texas State-owned computers.
- Your Mac must have LANrev installed on the computer to install this version of the software.
- Your computer must be connected directly to the Texas State network to use the LANrev method.
Note: The version of NVivo offered on this page is for faculty use on individual work computers. NVivo can also be installed by request in classrooms and computer labs:
- IT Supported Academic Classroom Software Request
- Academic Computing Open Computer Lab Software Request
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
Faculty (or applicable Staff): Submit an NVivo Request. After you receive confirmation that the software has been made available to your computer, proceed to the next step.
Follow the instructions below on the computer that has been granted access to install NVivo.