MathWorks MATLAB software is the tool of technical inspiration -- in the classroom and throughout the industry. With MATLAB and Simulink skills, students have a brilliant future.
MATLAB is available to all Texas State students, free of charge (Windows and Mac).
Texas State faculty and staff who wish to purchase MATLAB for use on a Texas State-owned computer (and personal computer) should send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the MathWorks Software student program, visit the MathWorks - Adademia website.
Before You Begin
- MATLAB is offered free of charge to all current Texas State students.
- A student NetID, e-mail address, and password are required.
- This software must be installed on personal computers only.
- Students will be required to create an account on the MathWorks website to obtain this software.
Note: This version of MATLAB is for Texas State student use on personal computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
- Go to www.mathworks.com/mwaccount/register.
- Create a MathWorks Account (with your Texas State email address).
- Check your BobcatMail inbox for an email from email@example.com.
- In the email, click Verify your email.
A new window will open to the MathWorks registration page.
- Create a username and password.
- In the Associate Your Account to a License, enter the Activation Key.
(Students only - get the key here).
- On the MathWorks Account page, click Download Products.
- Download and install the software onto your personal computer.