Wolfram Mathematica is the world's definitive system for modern technical computing. Mathematica is available to all Texas State students, free of charge (Windows and Mac).
Texas State faculty and staff who wish to purchase Mathematica for use on a Texas State-owned computer should send an e-mail request firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Mathematica, visit the Wolfram Mathematica webpage.
Before You Begin
- Mathematica is offered free of charge to all current Texas State students.
- A Texas State student NetID, e-mail address, and password are required.
- This software must be installed on personal computers only.
- Students will be required to create an account on the Wolfram Mathematica website to obtain this software.
Note: This version of Mathematica is for Texas State student use on personal computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
Installation Instructions for Students
- Click the Get Started button.
- Enter your NetID and password.
Note: Only students can log in to access this page.
- On the next page, click Get Mathematica.
- You will be directed to the Wolfram Mathematica website.
- Follow the prompts to set up an account using your Texas State e-mail address.
- Download and install the software.
Note: For additional help with downloading and installing Mathematica, refer to the Got Questions? section below.
Got Questions? Get Answers!
Click on any of the sections below for links and help with using Mathematica.