Microsoft Lync is an instant messaging client that unifies voice and video calls, online meetings, and presence, making it simple to choose and switch between different forms of communication.
See the Lync Download page to download Lync 2011 to a personal device.
For more information, visit the Microsoft Lync website.
Before you Begin
- A Texas State faculty or staff NetID and password is required.
- You must be logged in as an administrator on the computer to install the software.
- Your Mac must have LANrev installed on the computer.
- MAC OS X (10.5.8 or higher) is required.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences...
- Open LANrev.
Note: Don't see LANrev on your Texas State-owned computer? Install it here.
- On the Software Updates tab, click Show On-Demand Software.
- Locate and install the software.