JMP for Windows
JMP statistical discovery software is the tool of choice for scientists, engineers, and other data explorers in almost every industry and government sector. JMP is available to all Texas State students, faculty, and staff and can be installed on Texas State-owned or personal computers. This webpage outlines how to install JMP Pro 13 onto Texas State-owned Windows computers only.
Additional Installation Options
- JMP Pro 13 for Texas State-owned Mac computers
- JMP Pro 13 for personal Windows or Mac computers (faculty and staff only)
- JMP Pro 13 for personal Windows or Mac computers (students only)
For more information on JMP statistical discovery software, visit the JMP website.
Before You Begin
- This version of JMP software is for faculty or staff on Texas State-owned computers only.
- Your computer must be a member of the Texas State (TXSTATE) domain. (Verify your computer's domain.)
- Your computer must be managed. Most computers on the TXSTATE domain are managed. (If you do not have Software Center, your computer is not managed.)
- If you have a previous version of JMP software, you should uninstall that first. Then install this new version.
- After downloading and installing the software, you must restart your computer to complete the installation.
- Before installing the JMP software, you will need to close all programs and windows.
- After installation, the first time you open the program, you will be asked to register the product. Click Wait to Register, and proceed with using the product.
Note: This version of JMP is to be installed on Texas State-owned computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
1. Click your Start button , and then All Apps.
2. Click the Microsoft System Center folder.
4. Click Software Center.
5. In the Available Software tab, locate and install the desired software.
Got Questions? Visit the Software Center Info page.
Post Installation Instructions
After installation, the first time you open the program, you will be asked to register the product.
Click Wait to Register, and proceed with using the product.