JMP for Mac
JMP statistical discovery software is the tool of choice for scientists, engineers, and other data explorers in almost every industry and government sector. JMP is available to all Texas State students, faculty, and staff and can be installed on Texas State-owned or personal computers. This webpage outlines how to install JMP Pro 14 onto Texas State-owned Mac computers only.
Note: macOS High Sierra is supported in JMP Pro 14.
Additional Installation Options
- JMP Pro 14 for Texas State-owned Windows computers
- JMP Pro 14 for personal Windows or Mac computers (faculty and staff only)
- JMP Pro 14 for personal Windows or Mac computers (students only)
For more information on JMP statistical discovery software, visit the JMP website.
Before You Begin
- Your Mac must have LANrev installed on the computer to install this version of the software.
- Your computer must be connected directly to the Texas State network to use the LANrev method.
- If you have a previous version of JMP software, you should uninstall that first. Then install this new version.
- After downloading and installing the software, you must restart your computer to complete the installation.
- Before installing the JMP software, you will need to close all programs and windows.
- After installation, the first time you open the program, you will be asked to register the product. Click Wait to Register, and proceed with using the product.
Note: This version of JMP is to be installed on Texas State-owned computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences...
- Open LANrev.
Note: Don't see LANrev on your Texas State-owned computer? Install it here.
- On the Software Updates tab, click Show On-Demand Software.
- Locate and install the software.
Post Installation Instructions
After installation, the first time you open the program, you will be asked to register the product.
Click Wait to Register, and proceed with using the product.