Before You Begin
- This software is available for use on faculty or staff workstations and in computer labs.
- You must request a license renewal annually.
- This version of software must be installed on Texas State-owned Windows computers.
- Your computer must be a member of the Texas State (TXSTATE) domain. (Verify your computer's domain.)
- Your computer must be managed. Most computers on the TXSTATE domain are managed. (If you do not have Software Center, your computer is not managed.)
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) for assistance before proceeding.
Submit one of these requests:
FileMaker Pro License Renewal Request - Those who currently have FileMaker Pro 14 or 15. Renew your current version or upgrade to version 16.
FileMaker Pro Software and License Request - Those who do not currently have FileMaker Pro or your version is 13 or below. You will need to upgrade to version 16.
Once you receive confirmation that the software has been made available to your computer, proceed to the next step.
Follow the steps below on the computer that has been granted access to install or renew FileMaker Pro for Windows.
1. Click your Start button , and then All Programs.
2. Click the Microsoft System Center 2012 folder.
3. Click the Configuration Manager folder.
4. Click Software Center.
5. In the Available Software tab, locate and install the desired software.
Got Questions? Get Answers!
All faculty, staff, and students get free access to Lynda.com, the world's premiere online training. Learn more about FileMaker Pro with Lynda.com. See the course called Learning FileMaker 16.
Faculty: If it aligns with your lessons, consider assigning this course (or parts of it) to your students to help enhance their learning experience!
How to log into Lynda.com:
- Go to txstate.edu/lynda.
- Click Log into Lynda.com.
- Enter your NetID and password, and click Login.
- Search for Learning FileMaker 16.