FileMaker Pro is powerful software used to create databases to manage contacts, inventory, projects, invoices, assets, and more. Also see FileMaker Pro for Texas State-owned Windows computers.
For more information, visit the FileMaker Pro website.
Before You Begin
- This software is available for use on faculty or staff workstations and in computer labs.
- You must request a license renewal annually.
- This version of software must be installed on Texas State-owned Mac computers.
- You must be logged in as an administrator on your Mac to install the software.
- Your Mac must have LANrev installed on the computer to install this version of the software.
- Your computer must be connected directly to the Texas State network to use the LANrev method.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) for assistance before proceeding.
Submit one of these requests:
FileMaker Pro License Renewal Request - Those who currently have FileMaker Pro 13 or 14. Renew your current version or upgrade to version 15.
FileMaker Pro Software and License Request - Those who do not currently have FileMaker Pro or your version is 12 or below. You will need to upgrade to version 15.
Once you receive confirmation that the software has been made available to your computer, proceed to the next step.
Follow the steps below on the computer that has been granted access to install or renew FileMaker Pro for Mac.
- From the Apple menu, click System Preferences...
- Click to open LANrev.
- On the Software Updates tab, click Show On-Demand Software.
- Locate and install the software.
Got Questions? Get Answers!
All faculty, staff, and students get free access to Lynda.com, the world's premiere online training. Learn more about FileMaker Pro with Lynda.com. See the course called FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Training.
Faculty: If it aligns with your lessons, consider assigning this course (or parts of it) to your students to help enhance their learning experience!
How to log into Lynda.com:
- Go to txstate.edu/lynda.
- Click Log into Lynda.com.
- Enter your NetID and password, and click Login.
- Search for FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Training.