CrashPlan PROe is an easy to use, efficient, and secure computer backup service that stores encrypted file backups in a secure remote storage location for disaster recovery. CrashPlan PROe features continuous, invisible backup, an unlimited backup storage capacity, backup protection from on or off campus, automatic e-mail notifications for missed backups, and data encryption before it leaves the computer. Texas State faculty and staff may back up up to four Texas State-owned laptop or desktop computers with their NetID.
For more information, see the CrashPlan PROe website.
Before you Begin
- A faculty or staff NetID and password are required.
- You must be logged in as an administrator on the computer to install the software.
Note: CrashPlan PROe is to be installed on Texas State-owned computers only.
Note: Running the installation and backup while connected to a wireless cellular hotspot (or any other network that charges for data usage) is not recommended. Be advised that using these types of networks may incur data usage charges to your account.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
Software Code of Ethics for Texas State University
Software will be used only in accordance with its license agreement. Unless otherwise provided in the license, any duplication of copyrighted software, except for backup and archival purposes, is a violation of copyright law. In addition to violating copyright law, unauthorized duplication of software is contrary to Texas State University-San Marcos's standards of conduct. The following points are to be followed to comply with software license agreements:
I have read the software code of ethics for Texas State University-San Marcos. I am fully aware of the organization's software compliance policies and agree to abide by the policies. I understand that violation of any above policies may result in disciplinary sanctions.
- All software is used in accordance with its license agreements.
- Licensed software will be provided to all users who need it per the Supported Desktop Software Initiative. No Texas State user may make any unauthorized copies of any software under any circumstances. Anyone found copying software other than for backup purposes is subject to disciplinary action.
- The use of any unauthorized copies of software in our organization will not be tolerated. Any person illegally reproducing software can be subject to civil and criminal penalties including fines and imprisonment. We do not condone illegal copying of software under any circumstances and anyone whom makes, uses, or otherwise acquires unauthorized software may be disciplined.
- No user may give software to any outsiders, including students, clients, customers, family or friends.
- Any user who determines that there may be a misuse of software within the organization will notify the Software Licensing Coordinator for Technology Resources or department head.
- All software used by the organization on organization-owned computers will be purchased through appropriate procedures.
- See also UPPS 01.04.27, Intellectual Property: Ownership and Use of Copyrighted Works for details on Texas State's policy.
- Texas State has entered into an Agreement with Adobe. This software is made available to you because of that Agreement. The software install is intended for the sole use of the faculty and staff member at Texas State University-San Marcos.
You must check the box below in order to begin download.