Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software and services. Autodesk is available for faculty and staff to install on Texas State-owned computers and is licensed to be used for educational purposes only.
For more information, visit the Autodesk webpage.
Before You Begin
- This software is available free of charge to faculty and staff for educational purposes only.
- Your computer must be a member of the Texas State (TXSTATE) domain. (Verify your computer's domain.)
- Your computer must be managed. Most computers on the TXSTATE domain are managed. (If you do not have Software Center, your computer is not managed.)
Note: Autodesk is to be installed on Texas State-owned computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
Included in the AutoDesk Suite
- AutoCAD 2018 (32/64 bit)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2018 (64 bit)
- Autodesk 3Ds Max 2018 (64 bit)
- Autodesk Revit 2018 (64 bit)
- Autodesk Inventor 2018 (64 bit)
- Autodesk Navisworks 2018 (64 bit)
Note: If you need an AutoDesk software title that's not included in the AutoDesk Suite, contact the IT Assistance Center (ITAC).
Faculty and Staff: Submit the Autodesk for Windows (on Texas State-owned computers) software license request form. Once you receive confirmation that the software has been made available to your computer, proceed to the next step.
Follow the instructions below on the computer that has been granted access to install Autodesk.
1. Click your Start button , and then All Programs.
2. Click the Microsoft System Center 2012 folder.
3. Click the Configuration Manager folder.
4. Click Software Center.
5. In the Available Software tab, locate and install the desired software.