McAfee Anti-Virus for Mac
Before You Begin
- Your Mac must have LANrev installed on the computer to install this version of the software.
- Your computer must be connected directly to the Texas State network to use the LANrev method.
- Before installing the software, you will need to close all programs and windows.
- After downloading and installing the software, you must restart your computer to complete the installation.
- Existing versions of McAfee Anti-virus software may be over written.
Note: This version of McAfee Anti-Virus is to be installed on Texas State-owned computers only.
If you have questions about these prerequisites, please contact your department's technical support person (TSP) or the IT Assistance Center (ITAC) before proceeding.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences...
- Open LANrev.
Note: Don't see LANrev on your Texas State-owned computer? Install it here.
- On the Software Updates tab, click Show On-Demand Software.
- Locate and install the software.