SharePoint Collaborate Sites
Part of the Office 365 online apps suite, SharePoint is designed for easy project and team collaboration. Conveniently store, organize, share, and access information from almost any device. All you need is a Web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) or get the app!
SharePoint is available to Texas State faculty, staff, and students.
Important: Only store public information in SharePoint. Do not store confidential or sensitive information or files. Learn more about data management options and data classifications.
Get Started with SharePoint
- Go to Office 365.
- Enter your Texas State e-mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and NetID password, and click Sign In.
- Click the SharePoint app.
Tip: The page will display your frequently visited SharePoint sites. For quick access to specific sites, click the star next to each site that you'd like to add to your Follow List.
Creating New Sites: You Have the Power!
Create your own subsites that branch off of existing sites. If, however, you need a new site that should exist in a different location from your current site structure, please submit a request for a new SharePoint site.
Got Questions? Get Answers!
To learn more about SharePoint, visit Lynda.com and these recommended titles:
- SharePoint Online Essential Training
- Chapter 1 - Understand your SharePoint permissions
- Chapter 11 - SharePoint Permissions
- SharePoint Tips and Tricks
- SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online New Features