NetID 2-Step: Security Beyond the Password
NetID 2-Step is a secure two-factor authentication method. Powered by Duo Security, two steps are required for successful access:
- Something you know (NetID and password)
- Something you have (mobile device, landline phone, or key fob)
NetID 2-Step is a safer way to log into select Texas State online services and adds an increased level of security for your account and Texas State confidential information.
NetID 2-Step is available to faculty, staff, and student employees only.
NetID 2-Step at Texas State
Enroll and manage multiple devices and device types.
How It Works
- Enter your NetID and password.
- You will be prompted to either accept a Duo Mobile push, press your phone keypad, or enter a passcode.
Remember Me for 9 Hours Option
For those who log into the same service multiple times a day: At the login screen, enter your NetID and password to log in. On the NetID 2-Step screen, if you have an automatic push/call setup, click Cancel. Click the checkbox next to Remember Me for 9 Hours.
For the next nine hours, accessing the specific service from the same computer and Web browser will require only a NetID and password.
Services Using NetID 2-Step
CA Digital Library
Digital Collections Repository
Digital Measures (McCoy College of Business Administration)
DMPTool (CA Digital Library)
Email List Management
HR Jobs (PeopleAdmin)
PropStart / Kuali Research
SAP Portal and Business Client
Texas Data Repository
Texas State Ready
Texas State Alerts
Texas State Campus Recreation
Texas State Presents
Texas State Scholarship System
Texas State Study Abroad
Got Questions? Get Answers!
These FAQs and step-by-step instructions will help you get started with NetID 2-Step:
- What is NetID 2-Step and two-factor authentication?
- What's the difference between my NetID and NetID 2-Step?
- Why am I being required to use NetID 2-Step?
- Who will use NetID 2-Step?
- Am I required to use my personal mobile device for NetID 2-Step, or are there other options?
- Will I receive spam calls/notifications if I use my personal phone for NetID 2-Step?
- Can I enroll more than one landline in NetID 2-Step?
Enrolling for the first time:
- How to enroll my mobile device
- How to enroll my Android tablet or iPad
- How to enroll my landline (direct office or home) telephone
After enrolling at least one device, how to add more devices:
- How to add a new mobile device
- How to add a new Android tablet or iPad
- How to add a new landline (direct office or home) telephone
After enrolling at least one device, how to log in:
- How to log in with a Duo Mobile push
- How to log in with a text message passcode
- How to log in with a phone call
- How to log in with a Duo key fob hardware token
- How to log into VPN Pulse Secure
Managing existing and new devices: