NetID 2-Step: Security Beyond the Password
NetID 2-Step is a secure two-factor authentication method. Powered by Duo Security, two steps are required for successful access:
- Something you know (NetID and password)
- Something you have (mobile device, landline phone, or key fob)
NetID 2-Step is a safer way to log into select Texas State online services and adds an increased level of security for your account and Texas State confidential information.
NetID 2-Step is available to faculty, staff, and student employees only.
How It Works
- Enter your NetID and password.
- You will be prompted to either accept a Duo Mobile push, press your phone keypad, or enter a passcode.
Remember Me for 9 Hours Option
For those who log into the same service multiple times a day: At the login screen, enter your NetID and password to log in. On the NetID 2-Step screen, if you have an automatic push/call setup, click Cancel. Click the checkbox next to Remember Me for 9 Hours.
For the next nine hours, accessing the specific service from the same computer and Web browser will require only a NetID and password.
Got Questions? Get Answers!
These FAQs and step-by-step instructions will help you get started with NetID 2-Step:
- What is NetID 2-Step and two-factor authentication?
- What's the difference between my NetID and NetID 2-Step?
- Why am I being required to use NetID 2-Step?
- Who will use NetID 2-Step?
- Am I required to use my personal mobile device for NetID 2-Step, or are there other options?
- Will I receive spam calls/notifications if I use my personal phone for NetID 2-Step?
- Can I enroll more than one landline in NetID 2-Step?
Enrolling for the first time:
- How to enroll my mobile device
- How to enroll my Android tablet or iPad
- How to enroll my landline (direct office or home) telephone
After enrolling at least one device, how to add more devices:
- How to add a new mobile device
- How to add a new Android tablet or iPad
- How to add a new landline (direct office or home) telephone
After enrolling at least one device, how to log in:
- How to log in with a Duo Mobile push
- How to log in with a text message passcode
- How to log in with a phone call
- How to log in with a Duo key fob hardware token
- How to log into VPN Pulse Secure
Managing existing and new devices: