Hours per Week: Undergraduate students - 25 max; Graduate students - 20 max
Starting Wage: $8.00/hour
Hours of Operation:
|Service Desk||Monday - Sunday (24 hours/day)|
|Computer Delivery & Deployment||Monday - Friday (7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.)|
|Hardware & ResNet Repair||Monday - Friday (7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.)|
|Walk-Up Center||Monday - Friday (7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.)|
|Training & Communications||Monday - Friday (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)|
|Training & Communications|
|Provide computer tech support for university computer based systems via phone, e-mail, in person, and chat.||Draft and edit knowledge (how-to and FAQ) articles|
|Troubleshoot and diagnose software and hardware issues.||Edit technical documents (e.g., white papers, training documents, or promotional materials)|
|Research new and unfamiliar issues in provided knowledge guides or online.||Review and revise ITAC webpages using the university’s content management system|
|Log detailed and accurate descriptions of each customer contact into a service management ticketing database.||Create and edit online software simulation video tutorials|
|Greet customers and effectively and tactfully communicate technical issues to non-technical people.||Maintain training labs and equipment|
|Perform computer delivery and deployment (complete set up) as needed.||Assist faculty and staff with booking training labs and accessing e-learning environments|
|All ITAC student employment jobs are customer service intensive. You must be able to handle phone calls, e-mails, in-person conversations, and chat sessions while maintaining a polite and respectful attitude at all times.|
- This is a customer service intensive environment. Polite and respectful phone, e-mail, in-person, and chat etiquette is required.
- The ability to effectively and tactfully communicate technical issues to non-technical people.
- You must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge or the ability to learn technology quickly is a must.
- Advanced computer knowledge consisting of but not limited to Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Mac OS X, residential network connection troubleshooting, and virus and spyware diagnosis is a plus.
- The ability to effectively research new and unfamiliar issues.
Note: ITAC has an excellent training program for our student-employees. If you have great customer service people skills but lack technology skills, we can train you! We're looking for positive attitudes and the willingness to learn!
ITAC Hiring Process
- The ITAC Hiring Committee regularly reviews all applications and interviews individuals who will meet our existing needs. We will contact you if your qualificaitons are a good fit for a current vacant position.
- Should a position not be available at this time, your application will remain on file until the end of the current semester (fall or spring). This will enable our hiring managers to consider you for future openings and possible interviews later in the semester.
- To keep our files current, we will archive all student employment applications at the end of each semester. If you are not interviewed or hired during the current semester and wish to continue to remain in our files for future consideration, please re-apply at the beginning of each new semester with your updated résumé and availability information.
- Applicants must pass a background check to be eligible for employment with ITAC.
How to Apply
- Log into Jobs4Cats and search for Job# 700292.
- Locate and click the link for the Online Application Address.
- Complete and submit your employment application.
- Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume, and class schedule.
- Only this online application will be considered for employment with ITAC.
- Cover letters and resumes are encouraged but not required.