The ITAC Walk Up Center is located in MCS 262. We provide maintenance and repair services for computers and computer accessories. Repair service is available to all students, staff, and faculty for university-owned and personally-owned equipment.
The ITAC Repair Shop recognizes warranties for the following vendors:
Dell Warranty repairs
Dell Computer Corporation recognizes ITAC as a service provider in the Dell Premium Access Program.
Apple Warranty repairs
Texas State is an Apple authorized service provider.
Texas State (university-owned) Equipment
- ITAC Work Order Request form - request repair of university-owned computers and accessories. This form must accompany each item submitted for repair and to request pickup.
- University-owned equipment that is used for instructional purposes will be repaired including non-consumable parts and labor at no cost if it is in accordance with ITAC's minimum re-image hardware configuration standards.
- Repair service on university-owned equipment not covered as instructional or supported equipment will be billed on a time and materials basis.
- It is the users' responsibility to transport equipment to be repaired to ITAC. If that is not possible, we can make arrangements for transportation to and from ITAC for a pickup and delivery fee.
- Any repair charges the department may incur will be IDT'd to the department by Technology Resources.
- University Policy Statement:
- Related Services
Repair service on personally owned equipment is billed on a time and materials basis.