Located in MCS 262, we provide maintenance and repair services for computers and their peripherals. Repair service is available to all students, staff, and faculty for university-owned and personally owned equipment.
The ITAC-Repair Shop recognizes warranties for the following vendors:
Dell Warranty repairs
Dell Computer Corporation recognizes Technology Resources of Texas State as a Service Provider in the Dell Premium Access Program.
Apple Warranty repairs
Texas State is an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Texas State (university-owned) Equipment
- ITAC Work Order Request form - request repair of university-owned computers and peripherals. This form must accompany each item submitted for repair and to request pickup.
- University-owned equipment that is used for instructional purposes will be repaired including non-consumable parts and labor at no cost if it is in accordance with ITAC's equipment standards.
- Repair service on University-owned equipment not covered as instructional or supported equipment will be billed on a time and materials basis. The labor rate is $20 per hour with a two-hour minimum in addition to the cost of parts.
- It is the users' responsibility to transport equipment to be repaired to ITAC (MCS 262). If that is not possible, we can make arrangements for transportation to and from ITAC for a pickup and delivery charge of $10.
- University Policy Statement:
Computer Equipment Repair Service (UPPS No. 04.01.03)
- Related Services
Personally Owned Equipment
Repair service on personally owned equipment is billed on a time and materials basis.
- Evaluation fee: $20+tax (if the repair is declined)
- Labor rate: $25+tax per hour (two-hour minimum)
- Additional charges: If parts are needed