ITAC can re-image Texas State-owned (tagged) computers that also meet the current minimum hardware configuration specifications.
The Re-Image Process (including upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7)
- Hard drive is erased
- Installation of the proper (licensed) operating system
- Installation of the standard software image package
Re-Image services when ITAC delivers a new computer to you
(if the older computer being replaced is eligible for a re-image)
- Notify the deployment technician during delivery of your new computer. The deployment technician will take your old computer with them.
- If you decline re-image services, you have 30 days from the date of deployment to request this service without being charged for the service.
- Note: if data backup is required there will be a charge for this, but not for the re-image.
How to Request Re-Image Services
1. Complete the ITAC Work Order Form
2. E-mail the work order form to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact ITAC to make pick-up arrangements (fees outlined in the work order form).
Print the work order form and bring it to the ITAC Walk Up Center along with the computer that you would like to re-image.